Devon IT, Inc., a leading alternative desktop solution company, today announced it filed a patent application for its VDI BlasterTM software suite designed to extend the useful life of desktop computers. VDI BlasterTM is currently available for an introductory price USD $19.99 per device at www.vdiblaster.com.
Users download VDI BlasterTM to old PCs via a USB key or a network install. VDI BlasterTM deploys Devon IT’s thin client operating system, Devon Terminal Operating System (DeTOSTM), and Devon IT’s thin client management software, ThinManageTM, to help IT administrators manage enterprise-wide deployments from a central location. Once VDI BlasterTM is deployed, users can select to boot into their normal Windows operating system or into DeTOSTM.
- Extends the useful life of aging PCs.
- Uses virtual desktops simply and cost-effectively without hardware replacement.
- Maintains Windows desktop experience.
- Centrally manages converted PCs.
- Allows plug-and-play replacement PCs to thin clients when ready.
- Converts back to Windows operating system as needed.
For more information about VDI BlasterTM, please visit www.vdiblaster.com. For more information about Devon IT, thin client computing, or virtualization, or to arrange for a demonstration, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-757-4220 or 888-524-9382.