Linux Software Engineer
(posted August 14, 2012)
The Linux Software Engineer is responsible for specification, design, implementation, documentation, and testing of a wide variety of software components for Devon IT’s Linux-based thin clients and other network information appliances. Projects typically require a high degree of self-reliance as well as effective teamwork with customers, partners and with other departments in the company.
• Design and implementation of C/C++/Qt and Python code individual modules.
• Unit and validation test development of responsible modules.
• Coordinate with other team members to integrate development efforts.
• Review other team member’s code and tests, and provide constructive feedback.
• Create training materials for code modules for support staff.
Terms of employment
• Full-time salaried employee with full benefits package.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• * BS CS/EE required, MS CS/EE preferred, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years experience in Linux/C++ system software development as well as experience with script language programming including Bash, Sed and Awk. (Class work, internships and/or co ops)
• Experience in several of the following areas is desired: X Window System, kernel configuration, device drivers, TCP/IP networking, GUI development, Qt toolkit, Linux/Windows integration, centralized software management & distribution over networks, network directory services.
• Familiarity with Thin Clients, Citrix, or Windows Terminal Services preferred, but not required.
• Experience with embedded systems development preferred, but not required.
• Passion for learning new and emerging technologies.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and a proven self-starter and self-motivated.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to excel in a fast-paced environment
• Basic understanding of design patterns as well as complexity algorithms.
• Knowledge of multiple operating systems, programming languages, and toolkits
• Enthusiastic, Team-oriented attitude
• Ability to acquire and apply technical knowledge rapidly
• Must know one of the following languages fluently: C++, Java, C#, ObjectiveC (Cocoa)
• Open source developers get preference.
• Developers with experience in real time and/or network programming get preference.